Heal your unresolved Trauma
Rewire your brain
Rewire your nervous system
Develop Emotional Resilience
Develop Self regulation
Develop Stress Resilience
Heal attachment trauma
Connect and thrive in your relationships
Live your purpose
Somatic Experiencing is a powerful psychobiological method for addressing physical and emotional trauma, PTSD, overwhelm, and stress related conditions.
Trauma can result from the acute stress of a perceived life-threat or occur over time from the accumulation of chronic stress. Trauma may result from a wide variety of stressors such as accidents, invasive medical procedures, sexual or physical assault, emotional abuse, neglect, war, natural disasters, loss, birth trauma, addiction or the corrosive stressors of ongoing fear and conflict.
Somatic Experiencing is supported by research and addresses trauma and traumatic stress at the root, working directly with the body to release and renegotiate unresolved states of stress, liberate the body and mind from the throes of the past, rest into the safety of the present and move with purpose into the future.
- SE employs awareness of body sensation to help people “renegotiate” and heal rather than re-live or re-enact trauma.
- SE’s guidance of the bodily “felt sense,” allows the highly aroused survival energies to be safely experienced and gradually discharged.
- SE may employ touch in support of the renegotiation process.
- SE “titrates” experience (breaks down into small, incremental steps), rather than evoking catharsis – which can overwhelm the regulatory mechanisms of the organism.
Somatic Experiencing sessions available by appointment in person or via Skype.
For more information on Somatic Experiencing please visit www.traumahealing,org
Somatic Experiencing Touch
A gentle, interactive and effective hands on approach to trauma healing and resiliency.
SE Touch mindfully supports the body in transitioning out of states of acute and chronic stress and into physiological well being, safety, ease and aliveness.
SE Touch supports change and healing for difficulties associated with:
- acute, chronic, developmental, and medical stress and trauma
- pain and chronic pain
- anxiety and mood disruption and distress
- fibromyalgia and autoimmune disruption
- attachment and relational disruption
SE Touch can be the focus of an entire session or can be woven into a Trauma Healing session.